Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Vikings

So, the NWS has a Saga league going.  Saga's been on my list of thinks to try and I was thinking of the middle east...  Anyway, I was persuaded to join in the competition and in a wonderful bit of serendipity an old friend from my Canberra days, David Williams, was advertising his 28mm Saga Vikings for sale.

David can be found on these two Facebook groups:

The Australian Historical Wargamer Trading Post

The Historical Wargames eXchange

Highly recommended as a provider of painted wargames figures.

So, now I have an army.  I have the rules.  Just need to schedule a game.

My photo doesn't do the figures justice, but that flag - wow!

The lads, although one is actually a female.

Definitely all boys in this mad lot.

Levy (if I've got my Saga terms correct).

And these last figures David was able to source and base for me at very short notice.  






6 comments:

  1. Nice pick up Mark. You will love the league!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I just need to make up some terrain for them, although the club has plenty I can use.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks - I like it that it is a complete collection too, although today I did buy a blacksmith and serving wench to support them.

      Delete