So, for Xmas 2013 I treated myself to a heap of AB Miniatures that had been painted by Dragon Painting Services. I might have gone for a different mix of units, but the deal was to good to pass on.
With this unit I have now rebased, repaired and tarted up all the figures.
The 72 British light infantry figures, unbased and being worked on.
The figures provide three units of 24. Two I left in buff facings.
Not much work was required, although I did redo the shako ornaments (here is a before picture).
A few paint chips, but no broken bayonets. In fact, no bayonets at all.
The third unit I did in the light green of the 51st and gave them a new flag. Facings turned out nice and bright, but the flag I fluffed - using paper and PVA you only really get one chance to position and then the green paint I used didn't really match so I ended up painting a bit more than I intended.
In march column.
Column showing blotchy flag.
Fancy square with flag artfully hidden.
I like how the officer is posing for his photo.
For comparison purposes, this site has an amazingly well painted unit of ABs for this regiment:
Here is a pic from that site:
And here is the price tag:
Now it is full steam ahead on figures I'll be painting from scratch to make up the forces for Waterloo 2015.